Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer lovin' !!

I spent the day today at my summer "job"-- the sweetest thing alive. I get to spend a few days each week babysitting two kids at the perfect ages for fun activities! While the morning hours are exhausting to wake up to, the afternoon ones are exhausting to come home from. However well worth it.

Today, after sitting around and reading at their house until the kids woke up, we made blueberry pancakes with their massive amount of blueberries. I've never been a huge blueberry fan but those pancakes were good! And due to my miscalculation of how much batter I was pouring into the pan I managed to make a big fluffy pancake the size of the plates we were using, which had us laughing for a while. I'm pretty sure the boy managed to eat about a third of it.

Afterwards, we went on a bike ride around the neighborhoods and wound up going at least two miles. Okay okay, it's not a ton, but hey- that's some nice excersise for the day. Made me feel rather accomplished actually. And after that we swam in their pool for awhile. I'm actually starting to achieve a rather decent tan. Which, considering I got my mama's skin tone, is a big thing for me.

So now, after a little nap to make up for the energy I spent today, I'm off to hangout with my boyfriend. I'm loving summer '09. :]



Photobucket

No comments: