Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pick me up!

Ah. Lovely Summer mornings. A light breeze coming from open windows and a soothing fan blowing in my ear. The perfect way to wake up. Oh wait. HA! This morning I was woken to a little boy throwing off the covers and climbing out of my bed. Wait a minute, isn't this the boy who normally sleeps in later than me?

Photobucket

It figures that the one morning he wakes up at 8 AM is the morning after he slept in my bed. And despite my love for my new bedroom, the many windows are a curse at those early hours in the morning. They let in a wee bit of light.

Photobucket

That's thrilling to wake up to! So. The combination of going to bed at near midnight and being woken up at 8 AM (Not enough sleep for a teenager!) leave me in dire need of a summer pick me up!!

Photobucket

(So I sleep in my Gryffindor shirt... shush.) Therefore the decision was quickly made. I needed to go get coffee. Ah coffee. Such a beauty, love, adoration. And as of lately my favorite is Dutch Bros! It's a drive thru and despite that it's a little farther than the Starbucks located around every corner, it's well worth it. The people that work there are energetic and funny and their coffee is cheap. Today they asked me a set of comical questions.

Photobucket

1. Does your van ever end?

2. It seats HOW many people?!

Ah the joy of seeing the boy working there lean out the window to hand my my White Mocha Freeze, pause, and look back to see that my car (which I was sitting in by myself) took up their entire painted Drive Thru lines.

Oh the wonders of coffee and how it can make you go from drab to fab!

Photobucket

Disclaimer- Coffee does not cause fixed hair and a change into nicer clothing. However it can cause hyperactivity which can also cause confidence boosts. WOOOOOOOOOO!

1 comment:

The Coys said...

Dutch Bros. is my absolute favorite - hands down! In fact, I've even looked into opening a franchise in Baltimore. But it probably would get held up at least once a week. ha! (only slightly joking). They have the best coffee and I was super excited to see Hood River get one too!