Sunday, July 19, 2009

Change

I have come to see as good.



From wild and crazy:



Photobucket



To a little more mature:



Photobucket



Calm down. I'm still the same wild child I always have been. My first sleepover in this new house?



Photobucket



Photobucket



Oh and while I'm blogging, since I don't seem to much-- Any other raving Harry Potter lunatics out there? I had forgotten my longtime "boyfriend" until the new movie came out and my love has began once again. Ah the boy with the messy dark hair and glasses. Though I was always partial to Sirius Black myself. ;) I remember long hours spent curled up with those books. I'm telling you. I could read more than one in a day--and I did so more than once.



My Aunt T began my obsession back in Kindergarden and I began reading them myself a year later. And mind you, it was love after that first page turn. My books went everywhere with me. At least one on every vacation, every sleepover, every camp, etc. They hold my tears, my laughter, and probably some food crumbs from many years ago. My bedroom was full of posters, calendars, and lifesize cardboard cut outs that most likely I pretended to kiss.



It grew to be not only a book series that I read, but my childhood. I spent afternoons on the playground acting out the stories with my best friends, pretending that the swings were our broomsticks. I was always Hermione of course, as I did have the bushy hair.



I felt dissapointment upon reaching the age of 11 and not receiving my letter to Hogwarts. If I recall my Pajama pants created static with my comforter that night and I thought I was a witch. Oh the mind of an 11 year old.



And then, slowly, as years went on the love softly faded. Middle school introduced a whole new world and distracted me from what was once my life. Though there was still a fan written story my friend Abby and I composed together. Shall I share the link??




Then the love diminished. High School entered me into a whirlwind of boys, drama, love, heartbreak, friends, laughter, and essential craziness which I still face on a day to day basis. While I did attend the midnight book release of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, it just wasn't the same love as I once held inside my heart.



So upon waiting in line for the release of Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince movie, I felt excitement growing in my chest in a way that hadn't been present for a very long time. I was pleased with the movie- While it left out much(which can only be expected), the new director balanced things very well and showed character growth just as the book did. And after the movie, I came home and unpacked my books which are falling out of their covers due to love. Each has rips and tears and notes written inside and just make me smile looking at them.



Harry Potter was the love of my childhood. :]





(Book release)



Photobucket



Photobucket



(Movie)



Photobucket



So here's to childhood loves!



Photobucket



(Yes that's book 7 :P)

No comments: